📗 Free Preview Version
Metaverse is shaping our concept of “self” on the Internet. This version of “self” is the new type of consumer. They wear NFT profile pictures, shop virtual clothes on RTFKT, socialize in Horizon Worlds, buy 3D real estate on The Sandbox, and game accessories on Axie Infinity.
Therefore, new kinds of creator economies are being created. Metaverse startups exist to bring together brands, creators, and fans to play, work and collaborate on a whole new level.
As the metaverse market approaches $678.8 billion by 2030, we’ll break down the top METAVERSE trends: what emerging trends are on the rise, how they differentiate, monetize, and what are the next big opportunities.
1. Top Metaverse & Web3 Trends
(1) Rise of AR/VR e-commerce tools:
- Online shopping is becoming more experiential. Companies build solutions to help merchants create AR content and boost sales revenue.
- Snap’s AR offers tools that allow shoppers to visualize, try on, and experience products before buying them.
- Obsess helps brands create HD-quality mobile AR shopping experiences.
- Threekit allows online brands to offer real-time 3D configuration for shoppers.
- Cappasity offers interactive 3D views and 4K-quality virtual try-on solutions that can be integrated into web/mobile apps.
- 8th Wall helps brands to create interactive AR content without any coding.
(2) Cyber clothing & digital fashion:
- The avatar economy continues to give rise to the avatar lifestyle. People are buying “digital clothes” to customize their attire and showcase their style in the metaverse. Startups make fashion ownable, tradable, and wearable in the virtual world. Fashions are becoming NFT-enabled.
- MetaFactory builds apparel in the Web3 ecosystem.
- Tribute Bran produces high-end fashion for the metaverse.
- The Fabricant Studio helps fashion creators create & sell digital clothes.
- NIKE acquired RTFKT, a developer for virtual sneakers and digital collectibles.
(3) Anyone can build in the metaverse: